Soften your eardrums
Birds are singing.
Taste with tenderness
Each bite’s unique gift;
And we find we miss little.
A fortnight with the Soul,
Under the waning Moon.
In relief, my gaze softens.
And I let Love in…..
This time of fear & constriction generated by COVID-19 is driving lots of negative messages. Here are some thoughts meant to counterbalance and provide some helpful guidance. The impact of this time will be different depending on your current and past life’s circumstance(s). That being true, there are many ways to consciously both mitigate the effects and elevate your experience to better master the pull to be caught up in what’s to come.
This is a rare opportunity where the entire world is unified in response to the same concern, despite race, gender, county or religion. A massive collective retreat is underway, here are some things to consider making it a conscious retreat for you:
- Meditate and/or do any practice, art form, or contemplation that connects you to your wisest self daily. This helps you to elevate above the palpable fear around you.
- Be aware that the body is usually very passive when watching TV, from your wide-open eyes to your relaxed physical state, so the messages of fear go beyond the mental and intellectual self, and impact the nervous system, body cells and psyche. This affects your energetic body, thereby influencing all perception and also what you transmit to others. Try to limit exposure to TV if you can and if you are tuning in do so mindfully with a focus on fact gathering.
- Fear begets fear. If you find yourself surrounded by people who are becoming consumed by fear (highly anxious, panicked, and/or conspiracy proponents) strive to redirect and request a different conversation. If they can’t pull away, then pull yourself back before their fear starts to commingle with your fear. Be informed but not consumed.
- Get out in nature and away from all electronics (yes, even your cell phone!). We are affected by EMF’s even when not tuned into broadcast or streamed content, but now may be a time of greater vulnerability. Nature is a powerful rebalancer, clarifier and healer. Try to limit the former and increase the latter. Fun tip, going barefoot outside will force to slow down and notice the plant kingdom even more.
- This is a worldwide slowdown — think about how powerful this moment of time is. Use it to go inward and feed your Soul. And then when able, project your calm, grounded strength, and loving-kindness outward.
- Take time to attend to your home and garden — bag up things no longer needed, create beauty, and putter — yes, putter! Puttering engages the mind and body in a soft way, which allows mental clutter to fall away and at the same time, brings satisfaction when small things are attended to. Look around, aren’t there things that could be: washed, painted, mended, fixed, built, created, mulched, picked, trimmed, fertilized, and/or completed? Embrace your “inner grandparent” and notice what’s right in front of you.
In short, the slow down around COVID-19 is both an opportunity for us to benefit mentally, emotionally and physically and be of service. It’s also, an opportunity to dig a little deeper, to reflect more softly, distill what’s really important, and master the waves of intensity which may be moving through you.
Maintain compassion for self and other’s in this time, to:
Face it, Feel it, and become Free of it